Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Featured on Idea Magazine

Idea magazine is a well known Indonesian magazine that's focusing on home design, decor and ideas. That's why I was thrilled when they asked if they could feature my home. Ofcourse I said yes!

It went well until the article published. 

I was so excited when a friend in Instagram told me that she's bought the newest edition of the magazine and saw the article about my home. I hurried to the nearest magazine stall to buy the copy, anxiously open the pages until I saw my home pictures (pretty pictures!), and I smiled ear to ear. 

But then my heart sank. I'm no longer smiling when I notice that they didn't get my name right!
They addressed me with this wrong name throughout the 10 pages article, plus 1 page on different article in the  same edition.

Are you kidding me? Really? Is this some kind of joke?

Not to mention they didn't give any link to inaku facebook page as promised. *sigh*
I've complained about it ofcourse, and they said they're sorry. They misheard me. 

Misheard? That's funny, because they first contacted me after they saw my Instagram, which I wrote my full name and contact in the profile. And they only read the contact, not the name?

A friend once said, she's being extra  careful after she had rather bad experience with published article in a not-so-well-known media. OK, can relate to that, but I didn't expect this coming from a media such as Idea magazine.

Oh well, what's done is done. Can't escape human error. The least they can do is to put a small correction notice in their next edition, and this article-turn-joke will soon be forgotten.









No comments: