We found out that we have to change almost all of the old utility piping. That means extra time and money, and we certainly couldn't keep the existing ground floor's tile.
Although at first I wanted bare concrete floor (which now seems like a good excuse to make one), but we finally decided to use new floor tiling. We chose granite tile in broken white color to match the tiles on upper floor.
We also planned to cover the carport flooring with reclaimed broken tiles from the ground floor.
Enough about the flooring, because actually the work now is still around finishing the wall. We decided to strip down all the existing wall to its bone and start the finishing from scratch.
The good thing is that I will get the raw finished wall that I wanted :D Although most of the walls will be painted in white, but there'll be some accent raw finished walls. Yes I'm talking about exposed concrete and brick.. yet not as rustic as the above picture ;)