Friday, June 11, 2010

Nice Idea, Poor Execution

I don't consider myself as a real crafter. And today I've been reminded why.

I've just finished a pouch bag for another art/craft swap with Lia from Calyx. I was so inspired by her beautiful story teller pochettes, so the theme of our swap is about making something that tells a story.


Still inspired by her pretty and romantic work, I have this idea about telling a story about a woman.

A woman who look modest yet pretty outside, while vibrant and even more beautiful inside. That's how women should be, in my opinion :)

Anyway, I used a faux leather and simple black and white cotton fabric for the outside, while the inside is lined with hot pink cotton fabric. I also used hot pink batik to accessorize the outside, for the wristlet handle and the button closure. And pink felt leaf embellishment to top it off.


Everything seemed running well until when I tried to assemble the lining with the faux leather part. It turned out ugly :(( Maybe it's because that part became too thick and I didn't use the proper needle..

It may not obvious, but if you look closer.. yes, it's there :(


So now I'm in doubt should I give this wristlet pouch to her or not. What do you think?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Waa, it looks perfect to me! So flattered...terharu, hiks...
Aku masih 80% proses bikin craft swapnya, udah jadi, diganti-ganti terus, takut kurang berkenan buat mb Ina, he3...abis buatan mb Ina kwerrennn!

Critica said...

I think it's pretty! I wouldn't be able to do that. Whether or not you give it to her, just be happy with it, because their are people in the world (like me) that don't think it looks bad at all.

designer said...

@Critica:
Thanks for the lovely comment :) I'm still learning myself (that explain the poor execution).

@Andi Lia:
Aku yang terharu mbak.. thanks for your appreciation and understanding
T_T

Puwi said...

cantikkkkkk Mbak :)