Thursday, October 29, 2009

Experimenting with Vynil

I often use my charlie bag as a shopping bag. Measuring 50x60 cm (incld. handle) the bag is big (on petite me, it's huge!) and roomy, perfect to keep all those groceries. Yet since I made it from cotton fabric it's not very stain resistant, not to mention it's not waterproof - which often needed in a good shopping bag.

So when I came across this blue vynil with pretty floral motives, I knew what to do with it rightaway.





....and here it is, a shopping bag with vynil lining inside, very durable and easy to clean (just wipe with damp cloth). You can reverse the bag and put the vynil part putside too, perfect for those rainy days :D

I use tenun troso in bright green color for the other side of the bag, embellished with a bird applique which I colored with fabric paint.

Very experimental, yet I'm pleased with the outcome :)

Oh and yes, it's for sale ;)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow! Cute Bag!

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Oh my. I LOVE it!! Send me one??

And happy birthday tomorrow! =)

Stopping by from SITS to say hello!

Side Street Style said...

Wow....so cute...very creative...I love these bags :) you are very talented.

Laura from SITs xxx

www.sidestreetstyle.com

Jenn from The Home Decorating Company said...

This is such a great way to help the environment and be fashionable all at once.

Unknown said...

Cute bag. And so green. Congrats!

SawoKecik said...

lucu banget ...
maaf nih aku baru banget di dunia perjahit-an ... bahan vinil itu kaya' apa ? kalo' di Jakarta beli dimana ya .. hehe ...makasiiih ...

designer said...

@sawokecik
bahan vinil yang aq pake mirip plastik yg buat taplak meja makan itu loh.. kudunya di Jkt banyak ya, tapi lom pernah coba nyari siy jadi ga bisa rekomen tempat jualnya hehe sorii ;p

down comforter said...

Such a cute bag! Love the sweet little bird motif :)

Puwi said...

lucu bgt ada burungnyaaa...hihihi..

btw kl mau nyari vynil ke tanah abang aja.. di luar gedungnya banyak yg jual bahan2 buat tas..termasuk si vynil itu,,,hehehe :)

Mi (なおみ) said...

@ideku handmade : thank you infonya ... (^.^)