Tuesday, July 13, 2010

On a hot sunny afternoon..

..we went to The Helix - the new pedestrian bridge near the Marina Bay Sands integrated resort - because I was curious to see the bridge's architectural design which is said to be the first in the world. But since it was really hot, we - especially the kids - didn't exactly enjoy the trip and only managed to stay there for a short time.

I think it would be nicer if you go there in the evening or night to capture the pretty city light view. Yet you would probably not be able to enjoy the gallery where children's paintings and drawings are exhibited for public viewing.


Not only on walls but also on the pathway.


Look closer and you could see the details written on it, cute isn't it :)

5 comments:

Simone said...

Nice! I haven't been there yet, so thanks for the photos. The weather is crazy, isn't it? Sometimes it's so hot and sometimes it just pours like mad.

Puwi said...

sudah jadi ya?? whoaa.. kerennya.. padahal akhir 2009 kmrn pas kesana blm jd... jembatannya jg keren kaya dna... hihihi... kl kesana maen ke rmh mbak ya :)

designer said...

Simone, you're welcome :)
You're right about the weather, plus those flash floods that's been happening quite a lot lately *whew*

Puri, ayo kapan mampirrr :)

Anonymous said...

I just went to the place. It was extremely hot when I was there too. I can't imagine the temperatures on the sky park on top of the Sands building.

designer said...

Hi Jali.. yeah I've never think of that, I wonder whether the pool and garden there could do any cooling effect.